WELCOME TO FBS!
In Christ, more is possible than you can ever imagine!
Check this page daily for worship service streams, social media updates, schedules & more!
Praying At Barnet Park
As you join us this week in prayer, we hope you’ll spend some time at Barnet Park. Click the button below for some notes and scriptures as you pray.
Pray The Park
Pray the Park
As you begin your prayer time, claim the promises that have been the focus of our worship these past 4 weeks:
2 Chron 7:14
if my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land.
Bible Verses and Prayer Requests
Pray the Scriptures below, and pray the requests listed with each one. Pray in faith! Trust in the LORD, for He is good. His love endures forever!
And when the priests came out of the Holy Place, a cloud filled the house of the LORD, so that the priests could not stand to minister because of the cloud, for the glory of the LORD filled the house of the LORD. – 1 Kings 8:10-11
- Pray that the Spirit of God will descend from Heaven and be present in power in Barnet Park as we come to worship Him.
- Pray that people who enter, people who drive by, people walking nearby, will be overwhelmed by the presence and the glory of our Great God!
“Look among the nations, and see; wonder and be astounded. For I am doing a work in your days that you would not believe if told. (Hab. 1.5)
- Trust the LORD to be present with us and to do good and wonderful things that are beyond us to imagine or believe.
For the earth will be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the LORD as the waters cover the sea. (Hab. 2.14)
- Pray that God will be made known throughout Spartanburg and beyond as we gather to worship Him.
Yet I will rejoice in the LORD ; I will take joy in the God of my salvation. GOD, the Lord, is my strength; he makes my feet like the deer’s; he makes me tread on my high places. (Hab. 3.18-19)
- Pray that the worshipers on Sunday will be filled with joy
- Pray that we will rejoice in our salvation and in our God who saves
- Pray that God will guide our steps and will protect us as we follow Him
READ the following verses as prayers of faith, praise, and adoration:
Lord, you have been our dwelling place in all generations.
Before the mountains were brought forth,
or ever you had formed the earth and the world,
from everlasting to everlasting you are God.
Let the favor of the Lord our God be upon us,
and establish the work of our hands upon us;
yes, establish the work of our hands!
He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High
will abide in the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say to the Lord, “My refuge and my fortress,
my God, in whom I trust.”
For he will deliver you from the snare of the fowler
and from the deadly pestilence.
He will cover you with his pinions,
and under his wings you will find refuge;
his faithfulness is a shield and buckler.
CONSIDER these promises and pray the suggested prayers that follow:
Because you have made the Lord your dwelling place—
the Most High, who is my refuge—
no evil shall be allowed to befall you,
no plague come near your tent.
For he will command his angels concerning you
to guard you in all your ways.
On their hands they will bear you up,
lest you strike your foot against a stone.
- That God would be our dwelling place and refuge
- That God would protect us from evil
- That God would protect us from sickness and grant us health to worship and serve Him
- That angels of the LORD will lift us up, guard our ways, and protect us
It is good to give thanks to the Lord,
to sing praises to your name, O Most High;
to declare your steadfast love in the morning,
and your faithfulness by night,
to the music of the lute and the harp,
to the melody of the lyre.
For you, O Lord, have made me glad by your work;
at the works of your hands I sing for joy.
- Thank God for His blessing and provision, being specific
- Declare your trust in His steadfast love
- Ask His blessing on the praise and worship that will take place on Sunday
As you pray, remember these requests:
- For beautiful weather
- For all of the work and the plans going on throughout the week to make our gathering possible
- For the favor of our city and officials
- For volunteers who will serve to help worshipers gather together in the park, like
- golf cart drivers
- media team helpers
- For our Ministry Team, as they coordinate volunteers and lead in worship
- For Rev. Skinner and members of the music team, praise team, and Genesis band as they lead us in worship
- For Britt Dillard and the media team as they set up the equipment that will facilitate our worship
- That all of the equipment will work
- That the environment will be conducive to worship
- That internet streaming will be smooth and uninterupted
- That the TV broadcast will go out from the park through the equipment and connections smoothly and effectively that God might be glorified
- That the lost will be drawn to the Park and to our broadcast and livestreams that they might hear the Gospel and come to faith in Jesus
- For our Pastor as he studies and prepares to preach
- For our Pastor’s health and energy
- For our Pastor as he preaches on Sunday, that he might speak with freedom, power, and authority the word that God has given him
As you conclude the prayer time, believe that God has heard and will grant your prayers. Pray these verses as your benediction:
Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen.
Thank you for Giving!
Thank you for your continued generous support of First Baptist Spartanburg through your faithful giving. Now more than ever, churches across the world have a unique opportunity to reach people for Jesus, and your generosity helps make that possible. To learn how to send your gifts to FBS, click the button below.
First Baptist Church, Spartanburg
May 31, 2020 (Graduation)
Donald J. Wilton
FEAR FOR LIFE
Psalm 115: 12-15
What does it mean?
- To reverence
- To worship
- To obey
- To submit
What does it produce?
How to Fear the Lord for Life:
May 26 - May 31
Click the tabs below to see specific details on our schedule. This information is updated daily.
This week, we are gathering at Barnet Park for worship at 9:00 AM (Celebration) and 11:00 AM (Genesis). This Sunday, we will stream both Celebration at 9:00 AM (11:00 AM WSPA TV-7 Broadcast) and Genesis at 11:00 AM (Livestream online). Learn more about this at www.fbs.org/regather
If you need to stay home, we hope you'll tune in and worship live with us this Sunday from your home. The live streams and broadcast will not go away! Our prayer is that you will take every opportunity to connect with others through the technology we are so blessed to have so readily at hand.
To honor the recommendation of keeping meetings less than 10 people, we are taking a temporary break from our weekly meetings. Keep checking our social media and the content blocks above for updates from our different ministry teams.
The FBS main building and Hangar are closed with the exception of church staff and special considerations. We're taking every measure to stay connected with you over video, phone, and email! Click here to connect with staff phone/email contacts.
Activities NOT meeting this week:
Crossfire (Online stream Wednesday at 7:00 PM)
Hour of Encouragement
Choir & Orchestra Rehearsals
on-campus Life Groups / Bible Studies
Bible Study Fellowship
Neema Kiswahili Services
Our Weekday Preschool program is currently closed until further notice. We are taking every precaution for the safety of your little ones!
We are not in the office but do offer online counseling. You will find more details here www.fbs.org/newday. If you have any questions feel free to call 864.699.4290 for more information.
During this special time, we have decided to make some changes to the Bridge Operating Hours. Beginning in April, we will only be giving out food at The Bridge on Tuesday and Thursday mornings from 9 am to 12 noon. Our Wearhouse is open on Monday and Wednesday Mornings from 9-12 for clothing. For Financial Assistance please visit our website to watch an informational video on how to apply. Clothing donations including shoes, belts, purses, etc. are accepted at the bridge Monday through Thursday from 8am-6pm.
Get Our Weekly E-blast!
We’ll let you know everything you need to know for this week.
ONLINE CHURCH DIRECTORY
Click the link below to log into the Online Church Directory. You will need the access code from the church.