Watch a live stream going on now, or click a logo below to view our channels on Livestream, Facebook, or YouTube.
THIS WEEK'S NOTES
Is God Calling You?
Ephesians 1:1, 2:10, 4:7, 11-12
Acts 13:1-4 (ESV)
Who Does God Call?
Believers (Eph 1:1)
All believers are called to serve (Eph 2:10)
Some believers are called to go (Eph 4:7, 11-12)
The Faithful (Eph 1:1)
Church Members (Acts 13:1)
Whom He Has Chosen (Acts 13:2)
Whom He Has Gifted (Acts 13:1)
Servants (Acts 13:1)
Worshippers (Acts 13:2)
The Obedient (Acts 13:4)
Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God,
To the saints who are in Ephesus, and are faithful in Christ Jesus:
For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.
But grace was given to each one of us according to the measure of Christ’s gift.
 And he gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the shepherds and teachers,  to equip the saints for the work of ministry, for building up the body of Christ,
 Now there were in the church at Antioch prophets and teachers, Barnabas, Simeon who was called Niger, Lucius of Cyrene, Manaen a lifelong friend of Herod the tetrarch, and Saul.  While they were worshiping the Lord and fasting, the Holy Spirit said, “Set apart for me Barnabas and Saul for the work to which I have called them.”  Then after fasting and praying they laid their hands on them and sent them off.
 So, being sent out by the Holy Spirit, they went down to Seleucia, and from there they sailed to Cyprus.
Join the Journey
1 Corinthians 15:12-22
Dr. Don Wilton
Each of us has a story—circumstances, memories, and scars that make us unique and have an impact on our lives. God understands everything about us and cares about the details of our lives, even though we sometimes feel we are navigating life alone.
Sin entered the world with Adam and Eve’s disobedience, a decision that affected all humankind. Faith allows us to trust and believe Jesus paid the debt for our sins with his death on the cross and was raised from death to live again. Because Jesus is alive, we have access to God the Father. Hallelujah!
Online Video is Live 4 times a week:
Sunday Morning at 9:00 for the Celebration Service
Sunday Morning at 10:30 for the Genesis Service
Wednesday Night at 6:46 for the Student Service
Saturday Night at 10:35 for the Genesis Broadcast
Each time featuring live chat along side the stream.
Broadcasting the Message of Christ!
Day after day we are able to broadcast the message of Jesus Christ and the hope that He brings. Each week a new broadcast is available for download and we even keep an archive here in case you missed a week.
We also want you to be able to watch The Encouraging Word comfortably in your living room or at a friend’s house. It is our hope that this page will serve as a resource for you; giving you the stations and times that The Encouraging Word’s broadcast is available. (Click here to discover more on The Encouraging Word website)
In The Upstate of South Carolina:
Sunday mornings Live on CBS affiliate WSPA TV-7 at 11:00 a.m.
Sunday nights on 106.9 WMIT FM The Light at 6:00 p.m.
Saturday nights with the Genesis Service on WYCW TV-62 at 10:35 p.m.
First Baptist Spartanburg satisfies the caption quality standards set forth in FCC Rule 79.1(j)(2), 47 C.F.R. § (j)(2)
Connect with the App!
Download the FBS App to get the most convenient way to stay informed, connected and encouraged.
To order your copy, contact Michele at 864.699.1751
Whether you're brand new to FBS or you grew up in this church body, there is something exciting and inspiring to learn about what God has done in our city over the past 180 years and what He continues to do as we look forward to the future. I Love To Tell The Story is a collection of stories, facts, images, testimonies, and historical context organized in a loosely chronological manner to paint a picture of First Baptist Spartanburg from 1839 to today. Available online for a donation of $40 (shipping included) or more. Pick up your copy on campus for a donation of $30 or more.
- 300 pages of rich content featuring inspiring images, testimonies, historical information, and fun facts
- Offset CMYK printed hard cover with nylon, matte laminate for protection and durability
- Case bound, Smyth sewn binding allows pages to be opened and comfortably spread flat
- Pages printed on premium satin finish paper for beautiful clarity in color while reducing glare on imagery
- Book dimensions: 11.25" x 10.44" x 1.25" / Opens to full width of 23.125"
- Each book individually shrink wrapped and packaged with care
DID YOU KNOW?
The History Book is filled with facts and information you might not know. Did you know:
- WICKED VILLAGE Spartanburg was known by many as a "wicked village" in the 1830's, when 25 people formed our church to share the Gospel with its people. Originally, known as "The Baptist Church of Christ At Spartanburg", FBS was the first church of any kind in Spartanburg. Read more about how our church family was born on Page 9.
- BURNED TO THE GROUND At our current main campus location in 1962, the church caught fire and burned to the ground? On Page 89, read the personal testimony of the photographer and church member who watched it burn.
- BREAKING BARRIERS OF RACE, LANGUAGE, & CULTURE In 1857, years before the Civil War (1861-1865), our church began asking extra time each month from our traveling pastor, John Landrum, to share the Gospel with people of color in the community, despite the prejudice and racism that permeated The South during that time and decades beyond it. Immediately after WWII, in 1946, our church sent missionaries to spread the Gospel in Japan to the very people some church members fought against in the war. In 1947, FBS realized the need and began providing worship service interpretation to deaf members of our community. Beginning in 2015, FBS helped plant Spanish-speaking church The Gathering, and created an event called B1: Exploring Unity Together, bringing together leaders of local Hispanic, African-American, and Messianic Jewish congregations to discuss race, culture, and how our faith in Jesus makes us family in Christ. Read more about these subjects on Pages 18, 74, 76, 270.
- DEDICATED LEADERSHIP FBS has been uncommonly blessed with faithful senior pastors. Since our church family started, 24 US States have been established. During that time, our church has only had 15 senior pastors total—a handful of whom served 15 years or more. Read detailed bios of each pastor and their ministry throughout the book, with a quick-access index in the back.