RETHINKING EASTER is a strategy for our church to all be involved in sharing the most important story in history with our community. Over the last few months we have been encouraging everyone to be creating relationships with those that you work with, go to school with, share hobbies with, or those that are even a part of your family that may be far from God.
This is an incredible time to invite them to one of our services on Easter Sunday April 21.
WAYS TO BE INVOLVED
- Pray about who you know that is far from God, and if you are not sure do not be discouraged. Pray that God would place someone in your life that you could invite.
- Kids can be involved by inviting friends with a simple invitation at school.
- If you participate in youth sports then invite families that are a part of the team with you.
PRAY SPECIFICALLY FOR GOD TO PUT SOMEONE IN YOUR PATH
- For families that visit parks all around the city, take invitations with you and invite families as you connect with them.
- If you visit the same coffee shop or restaurant and know some of the staff that works there this is a great opportunity to take a step and invite them to join you on Easter Sunday.
- Think about family members that may not know Christ, invite them to join you on Easter and eat lunch with them afterwards.
THINK ABOUT THE PEOPLE YOU KNOW FROM PLACES YOU FREQUENT THROUGHOUT THE WEEK.
- If you are at home and it is difficult to go out, pray for those that are inviting others to come and hear the gospel. Pray that many would be invited, and pray that many would come to know Christ as their Lord.
- If you are in a neighborhood and have several families around you, consider doing an egg hunt at your house and inviting all those that participate on Easter Sunday.
- If you are not serving anywhere on Sunday mornings, consider serving on Easter Sunday in guest services, Woodlands preschool, or Kid Depot. We can always use extra volunteers on days when we have more people than normal.
WHETHER IT’S PRAYING FERVENTLY AT HOME OR VOLUNTEERING IN SOME CAPACITY, THERE’S A SPOT FOR YOU TO BE INVOLVED!
- We want to create relationships with others
- We want to deepen those relationships by getting to know others better and meeting them where they are in life
- We want to share intentionally what Christ has done in our lives, and what He wants to do in their lives
- We want to love others unconditionally. No matter what people look like, where they are from, or what they do for a living, we want to love unconditionally the way Christ loves us.