VISION 2020 40 DAY PRAYER FOCUS
On March 23, we will begin a 40 Day Prayer Focus in preparation for Vision 2020. Vision 2020 involves a refreshing of the facilities we use every day in our ministries—yes—but during this season our continued focus is drawing closer to Jesus. Starting March 23, we will be handing our foldable “Prayer Tent” prayer guides as a visual reminder to study key Scriptures each week. Every week we will be focusing on a different Hebrew name of God, and we will be reading and meditating over verses that talk about those aspects of our amazing Creator. An online guide will be right here to help guide you as you study and pray.
If you would like to receive a daily verse PLUS a daily devotional video from one of our members starting March 23, text 2020pray to 30500.
Until The March 22 Update
NOTES FROM THE OCTOBER
VISION 2020 UPDATE
In case you missed it, here were the key points discussed back in October. March 22 will be another big update for Vision 2020, so keep watching and praying!
- DOING SOMETHING: Dr. Don made the key point that in our growing community and changing world, we can do nothing more than we are doing, or we could do everything and put ourselves in a tremendous amount of debt, OR we could do something specifically focused on where we see the greatest needs.
- MEMBER-LED TEAMS: A key team lay-leaders called the Long Range Planning Team has been working on a master plan to address facility needs and concerns for about 2 years. You probably have met multiple members of this member-led team, male, female, young, and senior.
- FIRST THINGS FIRST: The plan for Vision 2020 is a work in progress, and the team is working actively to address immediate facility concerns while looking to the future and considering the best stewardship of expensive building projects. Their key concern is to not get ahead of God and are asking for our prayer!
- YOUNG FAMILIES & SENIOR ADULTS: One focus of Vision 2020 is to concentrate on the astounding percentages of young families moving to Spartanburg (according to the US Census Bureau), as well as focus on facility concerns for senior adults, young mothers, and those with physical disabilities.
- REACHING NEW FAMILIES: Looking at the success of The Hangar, there are ideas about a children’s center that would be a great draw to young families as we do life together and share Jesus with them.
- PRAY FOR THE SPRING UPDATE: We’re being asked to pray specifically for the teams as they plan to present next steps of Vision 2020 in the spring.