If you are interested in getting involved with Bridgeway Village please fill out the form below.
Check back here for updates on Bridgeway events
A single woman who does not have adequate housing is vulnerable to many dangers.
While there are homeless shelters in Spartanburg County for families, there is only one that houses single women. Individual women are among the fastest growing population of homeless and there are not many resources for them. With nowhere to go and their basic needs not met, these women are seeking refuge in unsafe places.
Many women are displaced because of domestic violence, illness, addiction, mental illness, lack of education or training, losing employment, and lack of affordable housing.
BridgeWay Village will be a transitional housing program specifically for single women to assist them as they transition out of homelessness.
This tiny house village will provide the tools needed for lifelong growth. While in our program residents will have the opportunity to take classes, learn financial skills, strengthen their mental health, and cultivate their employment skills and abilities.
BridgeWay Village connects at risk women with housing, hope, and healing in the name of Jesus Christ.
It is called BridgeWay Village because we are directing them to The Way (John 14:6). We believe the only real change in our lives comes from a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and submission to the Holy Spirit.
There will be six different aspects of the program that will help residents grow in all areas of their lives.
While in the program, residents will take classes within these categories. These could include, budgeting, counseling, exercise, Bible studies, relationship building, and employment skills.
- The residents will take classes in money management, emotional wellbeing, relationship building, etc.
- Residents will have their own “Individual Success Plan” (ISP) which will guide their goals and progress while in the program.
- Job training and employment skills will support residents in their job hunt for sustainable, long term careers and fulfilling employment.
- 12-month program
- Each resident will have a personal counselor, case manager, and advocate
- When the garden is developed, they will work to keep the garden growing well
(Aerial View Sketch)
House Design Sketches (190 sq ft and 230 sq feet)
(Interior Design Sketch)
- Designs drafted by Adam Flynn of Mcmillian Pazdan Smith Architecture
- Estimated single unit housing cost $30,000-$40,000
- 20 one-bedroom 190 sq ft tiny houses, 3 two-bedrooms 230 sq ft houses on Brawley Street
- 1-3 handicap accessible houses
- Each house will be equipped with a shower, toilet, sink, small kitchenette, table with chairs, twin bed, storage space, and porch.
- Gate and fence will be built surrounding the site
- Single driveway like road across the whole property for emergency vehicles
- Add a community center (not on the design plans yet) with a teaching kitchen and public gathering space, classrooms, and private meeting rooms for counseling
- A communal garden for the residents
Thank you for joining us on this prayer journey as we prepare for BridgeWay Village! We hope you will hang this in your home as a weekly reminder to join us in praying for BridgeWay Village! God’s Word tells us in 2Thessalonians 5:17 to “pray constantly” , so let’s do it together! This is a simple guide for you to follow as you pray with us, there is a prayer focus for every week and when a new month starts, the prayer focus begins at week one and will continue until The BridgeWay Village grand opening!
THE BRIDGE AT GREEN STREET
- The ministries of the Bridge: the food pantry, clothing Wearhouse, kids ministry, bike shop, and more.
- Protections from spiritual warfare
- Opportunities to love the community and build friendship with neighbors
- Their physical and spiritual needs would be met
- their safety
- Opportunities for them to overcome homelessness
- Community members would show love to them
- Ministries that are assisting them: Miracle Hill, or the Spartanburg Opportunity Center, Soup Kitchen
- Zoning changes, permits, apporvals, etc.
- Land ownership of 2 lots
- The construction leadership team
- The development would be fully funded
- Local companies to get involved by giving materials, or bringing volunteers
- The program development
- God would lead women in our community to volunteer
- Residents would know Jesus personally and their lives would be changed
- They would feel loved and welcome in our program and our church
- Partnerships in the community to grow
Thank you for joining us in prayer for BridgeWay Village. We are excited to see God move in big ways and use this village to impact the lives of women in our city!
To get involved please contact Madison Biggerstaff @ email@example.com or call 864-699-4316