To receive our monthly e-newsletter, sign up here:
A single woman who does not have adequate housing is vulnerable to many dangers.
Individual women are among the fastest growing population of homeless and there are not many resources for them. With nowhere to go and their basic needs not met, these women are seeking refuge in unsafe places.
Many women are displaced because of domestic violence, illness, addiction, mental illness, lack of education or training, losing employment, and lack of affordable housing. It takes time to overcome obstacles that led to their situation, and a lack of support, resources, and basic needs, their season of homelessness could last longer than expected.
Transitional housing program specifically for single women to support them as they overcome homelessness.
BridgeWay Village will be a tiny house community for women where we give support, encouragement, and foster community. Through case management, discipleship, training, education. and personal responsibility, they can have a confident hope for their future.
“Jesus said to him,
I am the way, the truth, and the life, no one comes to the Father except through me.”
- Mental health
- Physical health
- Spiritual growth and community
- Healthy Relationships
- Church community
- Financial literacy
- Job training
- Self-sustaining income
- The residents will take classes in money management, emotional wellbeing, relationship building, etc.
- Job training and employment skills will support residents in their job hunt for sustainable, long term careers and fulfilling employment.
- 12-month program
- Each resident will have a personal counselor, case manager, and advocate
- When the garden is developed, they will work to keep the garden growing well
(Aerial View Sketch)
House Design Sketches (192 sq ft and 324 sq feet)
(Interior Design Sketch)
DETAILS ABOUT DESIGN
- Construction estimated to begin Summer 2021
- Each house is $30,000 to sponsor, $2,000 to furnish
- A community build day will be scheduled for hundreds of volunteer groups to join together to “Build BridgeWay”
- The designs are not finalized: the team will take the final designs to the Design Review Board
- Each house will have a shower, toilet, sink, small kitchenette, table with chairs, twin bed, storage spave, and porch.
- A gate and fence will be built surrounding the site, along with other security measures
- A private drive crosses the whole property for private use and emergency vehicles
- A community house will be built on Brawley Street (not on the design plans yet) with a teaching kitchen and public gathering space, classrooms, laundry services, offices, and private meeting rooms for counselinG
- A small garden will be added within the first few years of the program for sustainability and teaching healty eating and responsibility
- Join our prayer team
- Pray daily for BridgeWay Village
- Be paired with a resident to pray for her
- Construction day (build houses, team leader, painting, landscaping, etc.)
- Advocate (trained mentor paired with a resident 1-year commitment)
- Hospitality Team (cooking, teaching, welcoming new residents)
- Lead team (making big decisions, leading teams, behind the scenes work)
- Education team (teaching a skill, job training, Bible studies, etc.)
- Garden team (upkeep of the garden, discipleship with gardening, healthy cooking)
Please fill out this interest form
We value every contribution and want everyone to experience the joy of giving, as a guide…
- Sponsor a house for $30,000
- Furnish a house for $2,000
- Give to the community house building fund ($250,000)
- Give monthly for the ongoing ministry
- Donations can be mailed to the Bridge (317 Green Street, Spartanburg, SC 29303) please write “BridgeWay Village” in the memo line. All donations are put in a designated fund for this project and are tax deductible.
Thank you for joining us on this prayer journey as we prepare for BridgeWay Village! We hope you will hang this in your home as a weekly reminder to join us in praying for BridgeWay Village! God’s Word tells us in 2Thessalonians 5:17 to “pray constantly” , so let’s do it together! This is a simple guide for you to follow as you pray with us, there is a prayer focus for every week and when a new month starts, the prayer focus begins at week one and will continue until The BridgeWay Village grand opening!
THE BRIDGE AT GREEN STREET
- The ministries of the Bridge: the food pantry, clothing Wearhouse, kids ministry, bike shop, and more.
- Protections from spiritual warfare
- Opportunities to love the community and build friendship with neighbors
- Their physical and spiritual needs would be met
- their safety
- Opportunities for them to overcome homelessness
- Community members would show love to them
- Ministries that are assisting them: Miracle Hill, or the Spartanburg Opportunity Center, Soup Kitchen
- Zoning changes, permits, apporvals, etc.
- Land ownership of 1 lot
- The construction leadership team
- The development would be fully funded
- Local companies to get involved by giving materials, or bringing volunteers
- The program development
- God would lead women in our community to volunteer
- Residents would know Jesus personally and their lives would be changed
- They would feel loved and welcome in our program and our church
- Partnerships in the community to grow